'All Of Us Are Hurting': Teen Among 3 Killed In Apparent Drunk Driving Crash

Friday, December 3rd 2021, 10:10 pm

DIBBLE, Oklahoma -

A family and community are in mourning after a driver hit a sports utility vehicle head-on in McClain County.

The collision killed Kimberly Hartline, 39, Madysun Faber, 18, and Tyler Durham, 15.

Oklahoma Highway Patrol said Patricia McLoed, 34, was traveling westbound in a 2008 Ford F150 on Highway 39, one mile west of Purcell.

Troopers say McLoed became impatient with vehicles in front of her and attempted to pass them near the top of a hill in a no passing zone.

McLoed crashed headfirst into a 2016 Nissan Rogue driven by Hartline. Troopers think McLoed was impaired at the time of the crash.

Hartline, Faber and Durham were all pronounced dead on scene.

A 2-year-old was in the SUV with Hartline at the time of impact. She survived the crash. OHP credits the car seat she was in for saving her life.

As the community of Dibble come to terms with the loss of a mother and her daughter, a high school football player is also being remembered.

Friends and family of Durham are in disbelief. Never, they thought, would they be forced to say goodbye to a teen on the brink of his senior year in high school.

“He loved life, he lived it to the fullest,” said Samantha Stephenson, Durham’s grandmother. “Unfortunately, the good lord needed him more than we did.”

“No mother should ever have to go through this, I hope that nobody else has to,” said Alicia Miller, Durham’s mother.

Family said Durham was a true outdoorsman who loved fishing and hunting. Durham was a member of the Dibble varsity football team.

Miller said her son wanted to become a plumber after graduating from high school with plans to attend school for welding.

“His birthday is April Fool’s Day, that pretty much says it all right there,” said Miller. “He was a jokester. He was the one that if you were having a bad day and he walked into a room, he was going to make you laugh. Everything was fun to him.”

Navigating the next several days, family said, will be extremely difficult. They take comfort in knowing they now have a guardian angel watching over.

“He’s not far away, he’ll never be far away,” said Stephenson. “All you gave to do is talk to him and then just listen, look up at the sky, he’ll give you an answer. It’s Tyler.”

Memorial funds for both families have been set up at First National Bank in Blanchard.

OHP said McLoed will be hospitalized for several more days. No criminal charges have been filed yet.