Sassy Mama: Meatless Tacos
Wednesday, May 18th 2022, 6:32 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY -
Sassy Mama joined News 9 at 4 p.m. Wednesday to show us how to make meatless tacos.
- 2 large portabella mushroom caps
- 2 cups slaw mix
- Fresh cilantro
- Pickled red onions
- Jack's green sauce
- 10-12 corn tortillas
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- Remove stems and gills from the mushrooms.
- Do not submerge in water to clean.
- Only wipe with a damp paper towel.
- Brush mushroom caps over with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill mushrooms top side down first for 4 to 5 minutes, then flip.
- At the same time, brush corn tortillas all over with olive oil and grill until they get grill marks and set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in a clean cotton towel on a plate to keep warm.
- Remove the mushrooms from the grill and cut into strips.
- Assemble the tacos by setting the portobello mushroom strips in the middle of 2 corn tortillas stacked on on top of another.
- Add the condiments on top & drizzle with green sauce.
Click here to follow Sassy Mama on Facebook.