An OG&E lineman is at OU Medical Center fighting for his life.
Chad Breske's family said he was badly shocked while working in Oklahoma City this weekend.
Right now, they are just happy he's alive. Chad's mom, Terry Breske, said his whole world will be changed.
"This was his life really," Terry said. "He loved his job."
But a normal day at the job Chad has loved for over a decade, almost became his last.
"The line was hot, and he was told to pull the line and that's what he did," Terry said.
News 9 reached out to OG&E for more details on what happened, they sent the following statement saying:
An OG&E employee was injured after experiencing an electrical contact in the Oklahoma City metro Saturday, June 12. The employee was transported to the hospital for treatment and remains hospitalized at this time. We are fully investigating this incident and do not have additional details to share at this time. Our thoughts and prayers are with our co-worker, his family, and his fellow linemen.
"He's lost his left ear, right arm," Terry said. "I'm not sure about his left hand, but he's lost his thumb and the little finger on it. We're not sure on the rest of them."
Now his family, including his two kids, are waiting and hoping for the best.
His mom is spending most of her time at OU Health with her son. Terry said Monday his breathing had improved, but Chad was still on a ventilator. He was also getting prepped for additional surgery.
"They do not know at this time if he has any brain injuries," Terry said. "They've done the scans and stuff, and they think it’s going to be OK, but they won't know until he wakes up."
She said right now all anyone can do is pray. The doctors told her they will have a long haul ahead, which could include lots of therapy and Chad learning how to live all over again.
Terry said OG&E has been very supportive and helpful.
The company told News 9 they couldn't release any other details as they investigate what happened.