Red Andrews Makes Changes To Annual Dinner Due To COVID-19
Wednesday, December 23rd 2020, 4:27 am
By: Caleb Califano
Changes are coming to the annual Red Andrews Christmas Dinner because of COVID-19.
The holiday tradition is seeing the biggest changes this Christmas since it began in 1947, including no actual dinner on Christmas.
Now, the ingredients for the Christmas dinner and toys will be delivered to the inside of a person's vehicle, and it's all on a first come-first serve basis.
Social distancing will be required and all volunteers will be wearing mask.
Here is a full list of drop off locations:
- St. James Catholic School - 4201 S. McKinley - December 23rd - 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Homeless Alliance - 1724 N W 4th - They will deliver to their clients; no in person distribution
- Northeast Community Center - 3815 N. Kelley - Christmas Eve - 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- First Baptist Church Oklahoma City - 1201 N. Robinson- Christmas Eve - 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Boys & Girls Club - 3535 N. Western - Christmas Eve - 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Toy Distribution only:
- Joe Carter Parking Lot - 400 E Reno - Christmas Eve - 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.