Wednesday, December 16th 2020, 4:29 pm
By: News 9
- 1 1/2 sleeves Saltine crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and then line up the saltines until they cover the bottom of the pan completely.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, melt the butter and brown sugar until it comes to a boil and continue boiling for three minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Pour the hot bubbly mixture carefully over the saltine crackers making sure to spread the butter mixture so that all the crackers are coated.
- Set the pan in the oven and bake for six minutes.
- Remove the hot coffee from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.
- Allow them to set for 2 to 3 minutes and then spread the chocolate evenly over the top of the toffee.
- Add additional sprinkles or chopped nuts as you desire.
- Set the pan in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to cool completely and harden.
- Break up the candy into pieces and store in an airtight container.
Click here to follow Sassy Mama on Facebook.