Wednesday, August 12th 2020, 3:36 pm
By: News 9
- 2 cups salted pretzels, finely crushed in a blender or food processor
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
FOR THE FILLING:
- 1 (8 ounce container) Cool Whip
- 1 can (14-ounces)sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest, plus additional for optional garnish
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur
- Mix together the pretzel crumbs, sugar, and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch glass pie plate.
- Set aside.
- In a large separate bowl, stir together the sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, lime zest, tequila, and amaretto until well combined.
- Gently fold the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture until just incorporated.
- Pour the filling into the prepared crust and sprinkle with additional lime zest, if desired.
- Freeze for 6 hours up to overnight, then cover with plastic wrap and re-freeze until ready to serve.
- Allow pie to sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before slicing with a sharp knife and serving
***Non boozy method: If you do not want to use liquor sub the amaretto for orange juice and omit the tequila all together!
Click here to follow Sassy Mama on Facebook.