1. The Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents, at least 18 years of age, who reside in NEWS9 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. ("DMA") except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. Employees of NEWS9 and its affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest ("Contest Entities") and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register or participate in the Contest.
2. Only one (1) prize may be awarded per household. Winners from other contests sponsored or conducted by NEWS9 within thirty (30) days preceding the beginning of this contest are not eligible for this contest.
3. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
4. No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
5. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by NEWS9, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner's acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (e) to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
6. "Contest Officials" designated by the management of NEWS9 shall be responsible for interpretation and enforcement of the contest rules.
7. Contest Officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any persons participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
8. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
9. NEWS9 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Contest for any reason.
10. How to enter: Viewers may participate in the Worry-Free Winter Giveaway by watching News 9 @ 10 p.m., each weekday, starting Monday, January 28, 2013 and ending Wednesday, February 27, 2013. A cue to call will be displayed during the broadcast, giving the viewer the contest phone number, daily keyword and winning caller number. When the cue to call is shown, viewer must call the contest phone number displayed, be the correct caller number and repeat the keyword to win. Standard telephone rates apply.
11. Alternate form of Entry: There will be one (1) daily prize given away through the Alternate form of Entry each weekday during the promotional period. A cue to text will be displayed during News 9 This Morning each weekday morning, giving the viewer a short code to text and the daily keyword. Participants will have until 10:00a.m that weekday to submit their entry via text. Winner will be chosen by random number generator. Standard text messaging rates apply. No more than one (1) entry, per phone number, per weekday, will be accepted.
12. Alternate form of Entry for Alternate form of Entry: Participants may also submit a postcard entry via mail or delivery to NEWS9: Worry-Free Winter Giveaway, 7401 N. Kelley Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73111. Post card entry must include participant's name, age, permanent address and contact phone number. Entries must be received by 4:30 p.m. and will be added to the other Alternate Form of Entry entries for that day. No more than one (1) entry, per person, per weekday, will be accepted. Photocopies, facsimiles or other reproductions will not be eligible.
12. If the prize winner cannot be notified within seven (7) days of the winner selection, does not timely return the signed Statement of Prizewinner or for other reasons set forth in these rules, is determined not to be an eligible winner, the prize(s) will be awarded to an alternate winner.
13. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed except at the Contest Entities' sole discretion due to prize unavailability. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent or related expenses such as, but not limited to, gasoline, insurance, and maintenance arising from the award of a prize from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner. Any prize awarded in this Contest must be claimed within ten (10) working days of winner's notification by NEWS9 or sooner, depending upon the specific prize or contest.
14. Prize: One (1) $500.00 Visa Gift Card to use at any location that accepts Visa Gift Cards (Value: $500).
15. Last Chance Entry and Prize: One (1) $500 Visa Gift Card will be awarded through the Last Chance drawing. That winner will also be eligible to win the Grand Prize. Participants may enter the Worry-Free Winter Giveaway: Last Chance drawing by completing the online contest registration at www.News9.com/winter. Deadline to enter is March 1, 2013 @ midnight. Winner will be chosen by random number generator and will be contacted by phone the next business day. Only one (1) entry per person is accepted for the Last Chance drawing.
16. Grand Prize: One (1) year of paid utilities, which has been given a determined value of $6,000. Grand Prize Winner will receive the Grand Prize of $6,000 in the form of Visa Gift Cards (Value: $6,000).
17. Grand Prize Finalists will be selected by random number generator from a list of daily prize winners, including the last chance entry winner, who have been successfully contacted by Contest Officials. Prize winners must verify that they are available and willing to attend and be featured in an on-air Grand Prize presentation at a later date and time to be determined by Contest Officials.
18. Winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email. Winner(s) must sign and return a Statement of Prizewinner provided by NEWS9. The signed Statement of Prizewinner must be received by NEWS9 within ten (10) days of the winner's notification. Winner(s) must show photo identification to claim prizes. NEWS9 reserves the right to require additional identification and may choose to deny awarding the prize based on falsification of identification or fraud.
19. Odds of winning depend on the number of contest entries received.
20. Facebook is in no way affiliated with this contest.
21. Complete rules are available at NEWS9 Monday through Friday during normal business hours or at news9.com.
Standard messaging charges apply per your carrier. Send HELP to (79640) for information. Send STOP to (79640) to opt out of the service. For Full Terms & Conditions, please visit (79640)" Note: Standard Terms & Conditions are also available at http://store2.hipcricket.com/standard-termsEandP.asp
Full terms and conditions are also available at news9.com.
Print Name: _________________________