OKC McNellie's Evacuated After Gas Leak Sparks Fire


Sunday, March 23rd 2014, 10:11 pm
By: News 9


A popular downtown Oklahoma City bar was evacuated after a small gas leak sparked a fire.

Officials responded to the alarm at McNellie's on Sunday afternoon.

An employee had to be taken to the hospital with first-degree burns but is expected to be OK.

The pub will remain closed until the health department can investigate.

Statement from McNellie's Group Company Officials:

McNellie's Oklahoma City is open and operating business as usual. A mobile cooking device malfunctioned, causing our sprinkler system to activate. We closed for a few hours to allow proper inspections by the Health Department. There is no gas leak and the building is completely safe for customers and staff.

3/24/2014 Related Story: Popular OKC Midtown Bar Back Open Following Fire In Kitchen