A Moore mother said she is concerned her children may have been going to a school filled with mold.
She said she wants answers from the private academy and when she went to see the conditions for herself, the police were called.
The school is Amazing Grace Christian Academy in Moore, located in a shopping center near NE 12th Street and Eastern Avenue.
Lynsey Taylor said she took her cell phone into the school where her two daughters attend and saw mold in the bathroom ceiling.
She took several pictures of what she saw.
“There's a hole in the ceiling, I didn't have to do much but step up on the toilet and take pictures,” said Lynsey Taylor. “There is mold in there, there may very well be asbestos,” she added.
Taylor said her daughters have gone to school at Amazing Grace Christian Academy for at least two years.
“I wanted to throw up because my kids have been in that school for how long with mold in there,” Taylor wondered. “They've had respiratory problems, they've been sick off and on with cold symptoms, I don't know what kind of mold this is,” Taylor told News 9.
Taylor said she met with the director, Latisha Harris, and that Harris produced papers showing the school tried to get the problem fixed in July.
“She told me, ‘That's taken care of, we just did testing today,' so I said, ‘Okay, I want to see that paperwork,'” Taylor said.
At some point, the cops were called and Taylor received a warning for trespassing.
Taylor said the school never notified her there was mold, robbing her of the decision of whether to keep her daughters enrolled there.
“I feel like a terrible mother because I didn't know, I didn't dig before, but, I didn't have reason to before,” Taylor added.
Taylor said she has since pulled her children out of the school.
Harris did not want to go on camera, but said there is no mold in the school, just some water leak damage.
Harris said she is awaiting the certificate from an inspection to prove it and will share that with News 9 when she gets it.
She said she is also getting air quality tests conducted.