Investigation Continues Into Three Deaths At SW OKC Home


Monday, March 28th 2016, 7:15 pm
By: News 9


The investigation continues in the deaths of three people in southwest Oklahoma City over the weekend.

We know all three people were adults. And although carbon monoxide was not detected in the home, the Medical Examiner’s office says it’s not being ruled out.

Bright yellow tape marks off the home where three people died. But what some thought initially killed them is colorless, odorless and silent, which is why carbon monoxide was the first thing that came to mind when emergency crews got here. But, when they checked for it, investigators couldn't find a trace.

There were no signs of trauma to any of the victims. Two were dead when firefighters got there. A third victim who was in cardiac arrest, and later died, was rushed to the hospital along with a fourth person who had no symptoms.

3/27/2016 Related Story: ME's Office To Determine Causes Of Death After Three Die In SW OKC Home

Although carbon monoxide was not detected, ME’s office tells News 9 they are not ruling anything out yet until a toxicology report is done.

News 9 has learned that there were also animals inside the home who survived and doctors tell us if carbon monoxide levels are strong enough to affect people, they'll have the same effect on animals.

There are really no signs once someone has been overcome with carbon monoxide, but doctors say if caught early it's not always deadly.

The names of all three people are not being released just yet because their families are still being notified.