Investigators Continue Search For Missing Boy's Body


Saturday, April 9th 2016, 11:17 pm
By: News 9


News 9 is following the latest in a 10-year-old cold case investigation into the death of a 9-year-old boy from Seminole.

The case was reopened in September 2015, and the little boy's aunt and uncle were arrested Friday.

Since then, authorities have been searching non-stop on the couple's property.

"When this all came about there was quite a bit of talk about the farm, and he might be on there,” Jerry Clark said.

Jerry Clark is Colton Clark’s grandmother. She is also the mother of his uncle, Rex Clark. He is the man authorities arrested Friday morning in Colton's disappearance.

Rex Clark and his wife Rebecca are both in the Seminole County jail. Investigators think Colton's remains are somewhere on their five acre property.

4/8/2016 Related Story: Family Members Speak Out After Arrests Made In Seminole Missing Boy Case

"Crazy stories were going around,” Jerry Clark said. “All my children had to take lie detector tests."

The Seminole County Sheriff's Office is tight-lipped about their search. In fact, they haven't released any information about the investigation. Several agencies are helping them with the case. It's had a 10 year jump start.

The medical examiner, as well as an anthropologist from the University of Oklahoma, were on the property Saturday but left to go to another location that has nothing to do with this case.

Meanwhile, sources told News 9 Saturday’s search yielded nothing new so far, but seven months after the case was reopened and hundreds of witness interviews have led investigators here, a place that from the outside looks like any spirited 9-year-old boy would love but a place investigators believe holds years of dark, buried secrets.

"He did not have a happy home,” Jerry Clark said.

Investigators will resume searching the property Sunday.