Major Damage Reported After House Fire In NW OKC


Saturday, May 28th 2022, 6:43 pm
By: News 9


OKLAHOMA CITY -

Major damage reported after crews battle a house fire in NW OKC Saturday afternoon.

The fire started in a home near North Bryant Avenue and NE 23rd Street.

According to authorities, a car was destroyed in the garage.

Oklahoma City Fire said that the fire likely started from a refrigerator that was plugged into an extension cord.

The refrigerator was located in the garage, and someone notified the homeowner and his two daughters inside, according to fire crews on the scene.

OCFD said the smoke alarms inside the home didn't go off until later in the incident.

No injuries have been reported.

This is a developing story.