Wednesday, September 29th 2021, 3:31 pm
By: News 9
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix (like Bisquick)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cold & cubed
- ¾ cup milk
- Fresh fruit or dried fruit
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium sized bowl, use a fork or pastry blender to mix together the baking mix, sugar and cold butter till small beads are formed.
- Pour in the milk and add the fruit and gently combine till a shaggy dough ball is formed.
- Turn out onto a floured surface and pat the dough into an 8 inch round and 1-1 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into wedges like a pizza or use a donut cutter to cut rounds.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet 1 inch apart.
- Brush the tops with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve with butter, jam or lemon curd and a cup of coffee.
Click here to follow Sassy Mama on Facebook.