Man Falls Asleep, Wakes Up To Fire Inside NW OKC Apartment


Saturday, March 13th 2021, 9:40 pm
By: News 9


OKLAHOMA CITY -

The Oklahoma City Fire Department responded to an apartment fire in northwest Oklahoma City.

The fire burned on the second floor of the complex located on Northwest 10th Street between North Rockwell Avenue and North MacArthur Boulevard.

Fire officials said a man was cooking food but he fell asleep and was awakened by the fire.

The man was able to evacuate the apartment. He was treated for mild burns at the scene.

Neighbors were alerted of the fire. The Red Cross is assisting those displaced with temporary shelter.