Monday, December 7th 2020, 4:40 pm
- 3-5 pound beef brisket
- 1 package Garlic and Herb Lipton soup mix
- 1 package Beefy Onion Lipton soup mix
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Set 1/2 of the onions in the bottom of a roasting pan with rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the soup mixes and black pepper.
- Rub the soup mixture all over the brisket and set fat side up on the baking rack inside the roasting pan.
- Pour Worcestershire sauce over the top of the brisket and place remaining onions on top of the brisket.
- Pour water into the bottom of the pan (NOT ON BRISKET).
- Cover with heavy duty foil.
- Cook for 5-6 hours or until it is tender.
- Remove from the oven and allow the brisket to cool for 20 minutes before slicing.
- Remove rack from the roasting pan.
- Set roasting pan on cooktop over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 cup water with 1 tablespoon cornstarch to make a slurry.
- Whisk the water mixture into the roasting pan.
- Continue to whisk (make sure and get the yummy brown bits from the bottom of the pan) until sauce thickens.
- Add more water till desired texture is reached.
- Ladle over the sliced brisket before serving.
Recipe adapted from the Segell.
Click here to follow Sassy Mama on Facebook.