3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 1/2 cup pork loin, cooked and cubed small
5 green onions, diced using most of the green tops
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 package fresh spinach, cleaned
8 oz. ricotta cheese
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
20 egg roll wrappers
1/4 cup per serving of bottled marinara or spaghetti sauce
1. Heat skillet on medium high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil, onions and meat.
2. Cool until pork is lightly browned and onions are soft.
3. Add garlic and cook one minute longer.
4. Steam spinach in microwave for 2 to 3 minutes until it is wilted.
5. Add spinach, Parmesan, ricotta, oregano and nutmeg to pork mixture and stir.
6. Brush the muffin tin with olive oil or use paper muffin cups.
7. Carefully press one egg roll wrapper into each muffin cup and fill with about 2 tablespoons of the pork and spinach mixture.
8. Fold edges of egg roll wrapper over mixture and brush with oil. Repeat until all bundles are made.
9. Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until lightly brown.
10. Remove the bundles to plate and serve with the marinara/spaghetti sauce and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top.
Serves 10 (2 bundles per serving)
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
Carbohydrate: 33 g
Protein: 16 g
Fat: 9 g
Sodium: 440 mg
Fiber: 2 g