At the first house reduced to a pile of ash in the Luther fire, only a skeleton of the bed they were sleeping in is left.
The family that lived just off N.E. 150th and Luther Road say they made it out with only minutes to spare thanks to a knock at the door from neighbor.
Tony and Rachel Cobb woke up from their nap to live through a nightmare.
"We walked out, and flames have already taken over and they are coming up the field," Tony Cobb said.
The Cobbs and their two children drove through the flames, escaping with just the clothes on their back.
"We got our shoes on and got in the car and the rest is history," Rachel Cobb said.
The fire reportedly began on the property and then ripped through their home, leaving nothing untouched.
With only a couple of charred belongings left to cherish, a pair of Rachel's grandmother's earrings and their little girl's baby handprint molded in clay, Tony and Rachel Cobb are not upset at all the loss, instead, grateful they have each other.
"We're just happy we are here, and this just makes us realize how fleeting worldly possessions are, and they can be gone in a second and it's not what is important," Rachel Cobb said.