Family Of Missing Weatherford Girl Pleads For Safe Return

Sunday, October 28th 2012, 12:06 am
By: News 9

The family of a missing 16-year-old girl spoke out hoping someone spots their only daughter and reports it to police.

The family has covered hundreds of miles over the last few days posting flyers of JaRay Wilson all over the state. Wilson was last heard from on Oct. 14.

Jara Wilson, JaRay's mom, said her daughter left home three weeks ago because she was unhappy with her curfew. While she was gone, she stayed in contact with her family and friends for about a week. Then all communication stopped about two weeks ago.

10/26/2012 Related Story: Authorities Still Looking For Missing Weatherford Teen; Person Of Interest Found

The Custer County Sheriff's Office said they were continuing to investigate the girl's disappearance, though they did not have much in the sense of leads on Saturday.

"They don't really have anything. I mean it's disappeared. Just there's nothing. Someone has to know where she is. Somebody knows. She can't just disappear off the face of the earth where you're 16 years old by yourself. You just can't," explained the Wilson's.

"I hope no parent ever has to deal with what we're going through what we're dealing with. You just have to go on, you know, it's just, you have your moments. But you just have to keep on going for her, we have to find her," added her mother.

10/24/2012 Related Story: Custer County Sheriff's Office Searches For Weatherford Runaway Teen

On Saturday, Custer County Deputies questioned 37-year-old Gilberto Paz. The sheriff said Paz maintained he had not seen Wilson recently, but authorities said they believed Wilson was being held against her will or forced into human trafficking.

Saturday night Paz was booked into jail on a concealed weapons charge. The sheriff said Paz had a screwdriver on him.

Wilson's parents said their daughter no longer had three piercings under the lower lip, but did have two new piercings above the upper lip. They also said her natural hair color was blonde, though it had been dyed dark.

Anyone with information should contact their local law enforcement agency immediately.