Wind usually can spread a grass fire. On Tuesday, it caused one in northwest OKC near N.W. 129th Street and Rockwell Avenue.
A home on N.W. 129th Street caught fire around 11 a.m Tuesday. Nobody was home at the time of the fire.
Firefighters say the heavy wind caused sparks to fly from a power pole right next to the backyard of the home. It's believed the fire caught the backyard grass and a flower bed on fire. The flames got to a cedar tree and set part of the roof of the home on fire and got into the attic.
2/18/2014 Related Story: Grass Fire Spreads To House In NW OKC
"The cedar tree basically exploded," says Chief Steve Lumry with OKC Fire and Rescue.
Firefighters think half the home has been destroyed.
"You pick up and clean up and you're happy your family is okay and you move on," says Gina Hendrix, whose sister lives in the home that caught fire.
OG&E crews worked on the line Tuesday after the fire got started. Firefighters say they heard the power pole spark a second time after they got on scene.
2/18/2014 Related Story: Firefighters Knock Down Grass Fire Threatening Homes In NW OKC