Man Arrested In Lexington Teen's Death Also Charged In Tecumseh Deadly Shooting

Friday, April 3rd 2015, 12:37 pm

By: News 9

A man arrested in connection to the death of a Lexington teenager is also charged with accessory to murder in the shooting death of a Tecumseh woman back in February, 2014.

Justin David Moore, 34, along with 32-year-old Tonya Moss, are currently being held in the Cleveland County Detention Center without bond, while detectives continue their investigation into what exactly happened at their home. That's where neighbors said a party involving several teenagers took place, and where 15-year-old Nicolas Faught was found dead inside a bathroom.

A preliminary investigation shows that Moss and Moore allowed numerous juveniles to drink alcohol at their Lexington home on Saturday, March 28.

4/2/2015 Related Story: Couple Charged In Connection To Death Of Lexington Teen

In this case, Moore is being held on multiple complaints, including permitting invitee under 21 to poss/consume alcohol resulting in death, contributing to the delinquency of minors, carrying a loaded firearm and transporting loaded firearm in a motor vehicle.

This was not Moore's first run-in with the law. Back in February, 2014, Moore was arrested on a complaint of accessory after the fact in connection to a shooting that claimed the life of 27-year-old Andrea Hollis of Tecumseh, Oklahoma. He has been charged with the crime. 

According to a probable cause affidavit, on February 15, 2014, Shane Pitts began shooting into a vehicle with multiple people inside following an argument. One person was injured, and Hollis was killed in the shooting.

Police said Moore was a passenger in Pitts' vehicle during the shooting. Moore originally said he was asleep in Pitts' vehicle at the time. But he later changed his story and said he was not asleep. He said he did not call 911 or notify authorities.

Moore said he did not know that someone had been shot until Pitts' brother called him. When he learned that Hollis had been killed in the shooting, he did not call authorities. Instead, he and Pitts ditched the vehicle in an area near Highway 39 and Highway 102, according to the affidavit.

2/16/2014 Related Story: Family Distraught Over Loss Of Young Woman In Tecumseh Shooting

Moore reportedly told police that he hid in a creek bed in the woods for two days with nothing to eat, until his mother picked him up and they arranged for him to meet with authorities.


Get The Daily Update!

Be among the first to get breaking news, weather, and general news updates from News 9 delivered right to your inbox!

More Like This

April 3rd, 2015

July 20th, 2022

August 31st, 2021

August 13th, 2021

Top Headlines

October 1st, 2022

October 1st, 2022

October 1st, 2022

October 1st, 2022