Fire chars high-rise apartment building


Friday, March 14th 2008, 8:33 am
By: News 9


NEWS 9

One person is injured and one apartment is completely destroyed after a five-alarm fire broke out at the Aberdeen apartments early Friday morning.

One person was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation and is thought to be in good condition, said fire fighters.

About 80 firefighters helped put out the flames at around 1:30 a.m. on Friday morning at NW 15 St. and Robinson Ave., authorities said. 

The fire charred the top floor of the seven-floor apartment building. The apartment where the fire first started is entirely destroyed, said fire officials, and the remaining four other units on that floor sustained smoke damage.

Authorities said they believed the fire could have started as a cooking fire.