1 can pizza dough (found near refrigerated biscuit section of grocery store)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup canned or jar pizza sauce (or Homemade Pizza Sauce)
dried Italian seasoning or chopped fresh basil
1- 8 ounce bag shredded mozzarella or pizza cheese
1 medium onion and 1medium sweet green pepper (seeds removed), chopped
2 ounces sliced pepperoni
1. Heat gas or charcoal grill for medium high heat.
2. Lightly oil a flat baking sheet with olive oil and spread pizza dough over oil.
3. Brush grill with olive oil, then carefully place dough on the grill.
4. When the crust has lightly browned (3-5 minutes) turn the dough over with 2 metal spatulas. Brush lightly with olive oil, then spread pizza sauce over the crust and sprinkle with some Italian seasoning, or chopped basil.
5. Spread cheese over the sauce, then arrange pepperoni and vegetables over the pizza.
6. Close the lid and allow the pizza to bake until the cheese is melted (3-5 minutes).
7. Remove from grill and allow to sit a few minutes before cutting into slices.
Nutrition Information per Serving:
Calories: 292 Carbohydrate: 29 grams Protein: 13 grams
Fat: 14 grams Sodium: 664 mg Fiber: 1 gram
Green Salad with Light Italian Dressing
Fresh Fruit in Season