Fire leaves foster mom, children homeless


Sunday, March 23rd 2008, 11:45 pm
By: News 9


NEWS 9

A metro woman and her six foster children are without a home after a fire damaged part of her house on Saturday.

The blaze broke out in a bedroom in the 2300 of SW 28 Street. The woman said it may have started from a space heater. The fire and smoke damaged most of their clothes and beds. 

"I'm just going to pack up, save what I can, save and try to find another house and try to move on," Donna Hill said. "You know, do it for the kids."

The American Red Cross is helping the family with food and clothing. They were staying with relatives Sunday.