Quick thinking by a Tulsa girl saves the life of a neighbor involved in a fire, fire officials said.
Tulsa firefighters were called to an apartment fire in an upstairs unit at Pomeroy Park Apartments, on 68th Street and Lewis, at around 6:20 a.m. Tuesday in Tulsa.
The 12-year-old girl Brittney heard a smoke detector and sprang into action. After hearing a loud beeping noise, she went outside to check and found an upstairs apartment on fire, she said.
The neighbor was treated by EMSA for smoke inhalation and fire officials said he will be okay.
Fire officials said Brittney not only saved the man's life, she also helped keep the fire from spreading.
Fire officials said food left on the stove was the cause of the fire.