A house on Ski Drive, near Ski Island Lake, was consumed by fire this morning at around 3 a.m.
The two residents heard a loud pop right before the fire started, Deputy Fire Chief Cecil Clay said. Clay said firefighters believe lightening started the fire, but a backdraft or a natural gas explosion caused most of the damage to the house.
The 3,300-square-foot house was a total loss, said Clay.
At least one firefighter was burned on his hands and face during the fire fight, but he is doing better this morning, fire officials said.