Fire destroys northwest OKC town houses


Monday, August 18th 2008, 11:31 am
By: News 9


News9.com

Oklahoma City firefighters battled a fire that started when a man fell asleep and left a burning candle unattended Monday morning, officials said.

A fire company called in the fire as they were passing nearby and noticed heavy smoke billowing from the town houses, 3100 Northwest Expressway.

According to fire officials, at least one of the damaged units was considered a total loss. A firewall set up by fire officials kept the fire from spreading further.