Fruited Curry Chicken Salad
Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 11:06 am
By: News 9
- 16 oz. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cooked and diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 small granny smith apple - peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup golden craisins
- 1/3 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- In a large salad bowl combine the chicken, celery, onion, apple, craisins, grapes, pecans, pepper, curry powder and light mayonnaise. Mix all together, tossing to coat. Salad is ready to serve!
- serve in a pineapple boat, with fresh strawberries garnish
One serving (1/8th of recipe) provides 215 calories, 18 grams protein, 12 grams fat, 1.8 grams saturated fat, 9 grams carbohydrate, 1.5 grams fiber, 54 mg cholesterol and 135 mg sodium.