- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 16 oz. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves-cooked and diced
- 1 stalk celery
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- ½ cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
Mix chicken, celery, onion, grapes, pecans pepper and mayonnaise together. Pull lettuce leafs apart. Scoop chicken salad onto lettuce and roll.
Recipe makes about 8 wraps.
One wrap (1/8th of recipe) provides 208 calories, 19 grams protein, 12 grams fat, 1.8 grams saturated fat, 6 grams carbohydrate, 1.7 grams fiber, 54 mg cholesterol and 142 mg sodium.
- 1 jicama grilled, chopped
- 1 fennel, shaved
- 1 honeydew, diced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- Put jicama, fennel, and honeydew onto chopped lettuce and drizzle with dressing (below).
- Recipe makes about 8 salads.
- One salad (1/8th of recipe) provides 85 calories, 2 grams protein, 0 fat, 20 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber, 0 mg cholesterol and 38 mg sodium.
- Salad Dressing
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard
- Pinch cayenne pepper
Recipe makes about 1 ¾ cup
One TABLESPOON of salad dressing provides 55 calories, 0 grams protein, 5 grams fat, .7 grams saturated fat, 2 grams carbohydrate, 0 grams fiber, 0 mg cholesterol and 14 mg sodium.