Missing Your Stimulus Check?

Thursday, October 23rd 2008, 4:11 pm
By: News 9

Missing your check?

  • Stimulus Checks
    The "Where's My Stimulus Payment?" tool on IRS.gov is the quickest way for taxpayers to check the status of stimulus checks and receive instructions on how to update his or her address. Taxpayers without internet access should call 1-866-234-2942.

  • Regular Refunds
    Taxpayers can update their addresses with the "Where's My Refund?" tool on IRS.gov. Taxpayers checking on a refund over the phone will be given instructions on how to update their addresses. Taxpayers can access a telephone version of "Where's My Refund?" by calling 1-800-829-1954.


OKLAHOMA CITY -- The postal service was unable to deliver more than 4,000 Oklahomans' tax refund or stimulus checks.

The check were mailed but were returned by the post office as undeliverable, IRS spokesman David Stell said. Search the IRS list to see if your check was not delivered.

"People in 76 of Oklahoma's 77 counties are due a check," Stell said. "For these more than 4,700 Oklahomans, quickly notifying the IRS of a current address could result in extra cash in time for the holidays."

Cotton County is the only Oklahoma county with no undelivered checks, Stell said.

To receive their checks, Oklahomans must notify the IRS of their new address no later than Nov. 30, 2008.  The Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 prohibits any stimulus payment from being issued after Dec. 31, 2008.