2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
1 cup snow peas
1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into match stick size pieces
4 oz mushrooms, sliced
2 inches fresh ginger root, minced or grated with hand grater
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2 cups diced chicken breast, already cooked
14-16 ounces whole wheat angel hair pasta, cooked
1/2 cup reduced sodium tamari soy sauce
1. Heat wok or large skillet with 2 tablespoons sesame seed oil.
2. When wok or skillet is hot, add snow peas, mushrooms, green onions, red bell pepper and stir quickly while cooking.
3. Add minced garlic, grated ginger, diced chicken and cooked pasta.
4. Season with tamari soy sauce and toss well.
Nutrition facts per serving:
Carbohydrate: 26 grams
Protein: 12 grams
Fat: 4 grams
Sodium: 485 mg
Fiber: 4 grams
Menu suggestion: Leftover Chicken Lo Mein
* Substitute chicken with shredded pork, de-veined shrimp or served without meat for a vegetarian meal.
* Try the shrimp spring rolls or pork bundles with dipping sauce and lo mein as a side dish.