4 boneless, pork loin chops,
1-1/4 pounds, trimmed of fat
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 14.5 ounce can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add pork chops and cook until browned about 1-2 minutes on each side.
3. Transfer cooked pork loin chops to a baking dish.
4. Add fire roasted tomatoes, apricots, lemon juice and crushed red pepper to skillet and increase the heat to medium-high.
5. Bring to a boil and cook, scraping any browned bits until the sauce thickens.
6. Pour sauce or chutney over the pork chops and bake the pork chops until cooked, about 8-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Carbohydrate: 17 grams
Protein: 21 grams
Fat: 13 grams
Sodium: 475 mg
Fiber: 2 grams
Menu suggestion: Pork Chops with Apricot-Tomato Chutney
macaroni and cheese
*Chutney can be made with dried or regular apricots
*The chutney freezes well and can be used with chicken and fish, too.