4- 4 oz Salmon steaks
4 teaspoons spice mix
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 cup red onion, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 red bell pepper, large, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed
2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper
1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Sprinkle each salmon steak with 1 teaspoon spice mix.
3. Place steaks on foil lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10-12 minutes
4. While salmon is cooking, sauté onions in oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
5. Add peppers and cook 1 minute; add corn and turn heat down to medium; cook 2 minutes.
6. Remove from heat; add juice, honey, black pepper, cayenne pepper and parsley; mix well.
7. Serve with the salmon.
Makes 4 servings
Nutrition Facts per serving:
Carbohydrates: 18 grams
Protein: 25 grams
Fat: 11 grams
Sodium: 180 mg
Fiber: 2 grams
Menu suggestion: Spicy Salmon with corn relish
steamed zucchini squash with grated cheese
*Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3s, a type of fat that is good for our hearts.
* If recipe is too spicy, cut down on the cayenne pepper