Monday, December 29th 2008, 6:55 pm
By: News 9

Your best bet is to never take money from a stranger - who in return wants you to wire them money back!  It's going to be a scam. 

But if you do get scammed and need to report it, you can always contact our attorney general's office at 521-3921.

Also, file a complaint with the National Consumers League (a non profit group).  They will forward your information onto the appropriate law enforcement agency.

Here's the link to complain:

And if you want more information about fake checks, this is a good site: