OKLAHOMA CITY - An apartment fire damaged 8 units Friday morning in south Oklahoma City.
Firefighters were called to the three-alarm fire at 7229 S. Walker Avenue in the Windsong Village Apartments, shortly after 3:30 a.m. Friday.
Officials said a resident left a candle burning, sparking the fire. That woman didn't hesitate to alert her neighbors.
"I was knocking on everybody's door trying to get everybody out. I didn't have too much of nothing on, just jumped up out of my sleep," said Angel Nelson, who lives in the apartment where the fire started.
One person was treated for smoke inhalation and transported to INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center. A firefighter received minor injuries when debris fell on his head.
The American Red Cross provided temporary housing, financial and other assistance to people from all eight damaged units.
The cost of the fire damage is estimated at about $400,000.