4 tbsp. Extra Virgin
10 16/20 raw shrimp peeled and deveined
4 oz Finely Diced Onion
1 garlic clove finely chopped
½ ox fennel finely chopped
¼ chili pepper finely chipped
½ cup dry white wine
1 tomato peeled, seeded and cut into strips
1 sun dried marinated tomato cut into strips
2 sprigs parsley chopped
½ sprig scallion finely sliced for garnish
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
1. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a small nonstick skillet over high heat. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, until pink and beginning to curl, about 2 minutes. Set aside.
2. Heat the remaining 2 tbsp. olive oil in the pan over high heat. Add garlic, onion, fennel, chili pepper and sauté for about 4 minutes.
3. Separately deglaze white wine and reduce to half. Add tomato, sun dried tomato to the sauce
4. Combine cooked shrimp to the mixture and gently blend. Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with sliced scallions.
Artichoke & Portobello Mushroom with Farfelle Pasta
6 oz Farfelle pasta cooked and drained
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tbsp Grated parmesan cheese
4 tbsp Butter
1 large artichoke bottom either in jar or can
2 cup fresh spinach
1 shallot finely chopped
1 small Portobello mushroom cap
1 tbsp pine nuts, untoasted
Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Bring pot of salted water to a boil for the pasta and cook the farfalle pasta about 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to bowl.
2. Toss with chopped parsley, olive oil, grated parmesan cheese and pine nuts. Keep pasta warm until ready to mix with other ingredients.
3. Heat 2 tbsp butter in a small pan and sauté spinach, shallots. Set aside.
4. Heat 2 tbsp butter in a small pan and sauté artichoke bottom and Portobello mushroom cap until softened.
5. Assemble in layers in the center of the plate in the following order: 1) Artichoke bottom 2) Sautéed spinach with shallots 3) Portobello mushroom cap last on top
6. Place six shrimp with the tail up spacing equally around the stacked item.