Do You Have HealthChoice Insurance?

Monday, April 6th 2009, 3:49 pm
By: News 9

What a mess!  HealthChoice and EDS are hoping to be caught up on their claims in June.  Until then, consumers may have to wait for their doctor's to be paid.  If your doctor is giving you a hard time about it, call HealthChoice directly.  You can now file a complaint with them online.  They are calling doctors on patient's behalf so that the charge does not go to collections.
From their website:  "For assistance with a claim issue you have been unable to get resolved, please email with the details of the claim. For security reasons, please include the member ID number in your email instead of the member's Social Security number."

Also, If you're having repeated trouble with them, or any insurance company, and you have claims that are denied that shouldn't be, get a RFA.  It's a Request For Assistance from the Oklahoma Insurance Department.  You can file it online or by calling 1-800-522-0071.