5 # Duck legs
2 ½ oz Kosher salt
2 oz Light brown sugar
1 tbsp Quatre Épices
Fat and Components
1 ea Thyme sprig
1 ea Rosemary sprig
5 ea Bay leaves
10 ea Black peppercorns
72 fl oz Duck fat
1) Trim the excess fat from the legs.
2) Combine the cure mix and rub a generous amount on each leg.
3) Place the duck legs in stainless-steel pan, cover, and press with a weight. Refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours.
4) Rise off the excess cure mix and blot dry with a paper towel.
5) Combine fat and the other components in large pot and bring to a simmer.
6) Add the duck and simmer for 3 hours or until fork tender.
7) Allow to cool in the fat, Cover and refrigerate until needed.