OKC Firefighters: Bathroom Heater Likely Sparked House Fire


Thursday, January 13th 2011, 8:39 am
By: News 9


Emily Wood, News 9

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Firefighters said a fire in the attic of a home in southwest Oklahoma City was likely started by a bathroom heater.

Chief Dewey Schmidt said the fire in the 1400 block of S.W. 78th Terrace could have been sparked when the heater was left on for too long and overheated.

A family of five made it out safely.

The home is not a total loss.

No names were released.