Roast Beef Brushetta
Taylor Stanberry, Midwest City
1 small French bread loaf (1/4 in. sliced)
1 package laughing cow herb and garlic cheese
½ lb. lean roast beef (thinly sliced)
1 package grape tomatoes
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
Salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix oil and 1 tsp. of the garlic powder in a bowl, using the pastry brush apply mixture to both sides of the bread slices. Place the slices on a cookie sheet and sprinkle generously with parsley.
3. Bake bread for 5-10 minutes or until crispy and light brown, turning over after 3-4 minutes. When finished let cool on bakers rack or counter top.
4. While the bread is cooking and cooling, cut, peel and de-seed the avocadoes. Using the fork, mash the avocadoes in a bowl and mix in the remaining garlic, cayenne, and salt. Cut the tomatoes in half.
5. When the bread is cooled spread some cheese on each slice. Place sliced roast beef, a small spoonful of the avocado mixture and top with tomato half. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes approximately 25-30 pieces.
Total prep time 20-25 minutes