Lightning May Have Sparked Edmond Apartment Fire


Thursday, February 24th 2011, 8:22 am
By: News 9


News9.com

EDMOND, Oklahoma – Lightning may have sparked an apartment fire in Edmond.

The Edmond Fire Department said the fire started before 7:00 a.m. Thursday. They evacuated the building at the Chapel Ridge Apartment complex at 501 W. 15th Street.

Fire crews were able to knockdown the fire quickly.

No injuries were reported.

The Red Cross is assisting one resident who was displaced by the fire.