Fire Sweeps Through House In S.W. OKC, Worries Neighbors


Tuesday, March 22nd 2011, 9:19 am

By: News 9


News9.com

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A fire broke out a vacant house in southwest Oklahoma City, but neighbors were worried strong winds might push the flames toward their home.

Neighbors first spotted the fire at 5:20 a.m. near S.W. 59th and May Ave. When firefighters arrived, they found heavy smoke and flames. They quickly put the fire out.

No one lived in the house and no one was hurt.

The fire chief on the scene said the fire started in the attic and was probably sparked by an electrical problem.

logo

Get The Daily Update!

Be among the first to get breaking news, weather, and general news updates from News 9 delivered right to your inbox!

More Like This

March 22nd, 2011

July 20th, 2022

August 31st, 2021

August 13th, 2021

Top Headlines

September 30th, 2022

September 30th, 2022

September 30th, 2022

September 30th, 2022