Family Escapes Fire In N.W. Oklahoma City


Friday, April 1st 2011, 9:37 am
By: News 9


News9.com

OKLAHOMA CITY -- A northwest Oklahoma City family awoke to the smell of smoke and the sight of flames early Friday morning.

The fire started around 3 a.m. at the Raindance Apartments on N.W. 122nd Street. Keisha Brown says she knew immediately something was wrong when she woke up.

"I just woke up and it smelled a little funny. And like I said it was bright outside the door, you know, because all the lights were off when we went to bed," Brown said.

Brown, her husband and son were able to get out of the apartment safely. Oklahoma City firefighters responded within minutes and put the flames out quickly.

Firefighters believe the fire started on the stove, but the family says it hadn't been used recently.