Originally Published: Feb 2, 2010 10:25 AM CDT
Here are my Top 10 for the NBA MVP Award this season as we approach the All-Star Break:
10) Joakim Noah (Bulls) - 2nd in the NBA in rebounding. The Bulls are the hottest team in the league. Noah is the modern-day Dennis Rodman on the boards.
9) Dwyane Wade (Heat) - 5th in the league in scoring (27.0).
8) Gerald Wallace (Bobcats) - Among NBA leaders in scoring (19.2) and rebounding (11.0). Charlotte has been one of the surprise teams in the league.
7) Chris Bosh (Raptors) - Has Toronto currently in the 5-seed in the East. Continues to put up monster numbers (24.0 ppg, 11.4 rpg).
6) Dirk Nowitzki (Mavs) - Dallas is 12 games over 500. Averaging 25.2 ppg.
5) Zach Randolph (Grizzlies) - Memphis is amazingly currently the 8-seed in the West. Randolph averaging a double-double (21.0 ppg, 11.7 rpg).
4) Carmelo Anthony (Nuggets) - Leading the NBA in scoring (29.7). Denver the #2-seed in the West.
3) Kobe Bryant (Lakers) - Has overcome finger injury to maintain L.A. as the top-seed in the West. 4th in scoring (28.3).
2) Kevin Durant (Thunder) - 2nd in NBA in scoring (29.6). Most 30-point games. 21-straight games of 25+ points. Has taken OKC from 23 wins a year ago to legitimate playoff contender.
1) Lebron James (Cavs) - Cleveland leading the East. Lebron the only top five scorer shooting over 50% from the field. #3 in scoring (29.4). #5 in assists.