Originally Published: Nov 6, 2010 11:19 AM CDT
Here are some nuggets for thought as kickoff approaches in College Station.
- Early "Turnover of the Day" award goes to ESPNs Kirk Herbstreit who kept calling OSU quarterback Brandon Weeden, Brandon "Tweeden" during this mornings show.
- Good news/Bad news for the Sooners. Texas A&Ms first-year Defensive Coordinator is Tim DeRuyter who came from Air Force. The Aggies run the same defense that the Falcons ran earlier this year against OU. Good news...the Sooners are familiar with what theyll see tonight. Bad news...they didnt have that much success moving the ball against Air Force.
- Ryan Broyles needs nine catches tonight to become OUs all-time career receptions leader. Broyles has 213 catches. Mark Clayton had 221.
- Combined, these two quarterbacks threw for 902 yards last week. Landry Jones 453 vs Colorado. Ryan Tannehill 449 vs Texas Tech.
- Key to victory for the Sooners = force A&M into mistakes. The Aggies have turned the ball over a whopping 21 times this year. Only seven teams in the country have more turnovers. In five games this year theyve had at least three turnovers. Twice theyve committed FIVE turnovers in a game. OU has been a good "turnover margin" team this year. They must do so again tonight.