MIDWEST CITY, Oklahoma -- Investigators believe an overworked air conditioner likely sparked a late Thursday night fire in a woman's Midwest City home.
The woman told firefighters she heard a loud noise in the middle of the night. When she woke up, she saw her air conditioning window unit was on fire.
Firefighters say she immediately got out of the house and called for help. She was not hurt, but a firefighter had to be checked out after getting too hot. He should be okay.
The fire caused a lot of damage to the woman's living room. Firefighters warn with our extremely hot weather, we could see many more fires like this as people struggle to keep their homes cool.