Norman Hotel Carbon Monoxide Leak Sends 21 To Hospital


Wednesday, July 27th 2011, 12:20 am
By: News 9


Michael Konopasek, News 9

NORMAN, Oklahoma -- A carbon monoxide leak forces hundreds of people from the Sooner Legends Inn and Suites and sends 21 to the hospital.

News 9 is told a toddler suffered the worst symptoms.

The victims were taken to a local hospital in Norman. On Monday night, the leak was detected by firefighters after a nurse at Norman Regional called them when a 3-year-old was determined to have the gas in his system.

Guests were evacuated and forced to stay at different hotels.

In all, 250 people were displaced, but the Sooner Legends Inn and Suites tells News 9 that it paid the hotel bills and did not charge for the original rooms.