Grilled Citrus Glazed Chicken with Caribbean Salsa
• 4 boneless skinless chicken breast (can use thighs)
• 3 roasted garlic cloves, pressed
• 1 tablespoon herbes de provence
• 1/4 cup agave nectar
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
• 1 tablespoon ground dried chipotle chile
• 1 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
• 2 mangoes, chopped
• 1/4 cup red pepper, chopped
• 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
• 1/2 cup red pepper, chopped
• 1/4 cup cilantro
• jalapeño, chopped (optional)
In a small bowl, mix together the garlic cloves, herbs de Provence, agave nectar, sea salt, chipolte chile powder and orange juice. Using a large Ziploc bag, place chicken breasts inside and pour marinade over the top. Allow to sit in fridge for 5 hours to marinate.
Heat BBQ till hot or use a grill pan on your stove top. Place chicken breasts on hot surface and cook till juices run clear. While chicken is cooking, use a medium sized bowl and combine mango, red pepper, pineapple, red peppers, cilantro and salt/pepper. Place chicken on a platter and top with Caribbean salsa.