Caryn's Muffin Master Baking Mix
• 12 cups all purpose flour
• 6 cups sugar
• 1/4 cup baking powder
• 2 tablespoon baking soda
• 2 tablespoon salt
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup milk
• 1 cup of various nuts, fruit,
1. Mix all of the dry ingredients and store in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Make sure and do not keep longer as it will affect the baking powder and will make for flat muffins.
2. To make muffins add 3 cups of mix to a large bowl. Stir in 2 eggs, oil and milk. Stir just till combined. Add in mix-ins.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a muffin tin, either line with muffin cups or spray thoroughly with no stick spray. Using an ice cream scoop, dip out muffin mix. Filling cups 3/4. I like to add nuts or turbinado sugar to the tops of my muffins before baking. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
Banana Nut- 1/2 cup mashed bananas, 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Fresh Strawberry- 1 cup crushed strawberries
Pumpkin Nut- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree, 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Blueberry Almond- 3 tablespoons of mix plus 3/4 cup of fresh blue berries combined in a small bowl. (helps berries not to fall to the bottom) 1/2 cup sliced almonds.
Cinnamon Doughnut Muffins- Make muffins with the mix with no mix-ins. But then as soon as muffins come out, brush melted butter, and then roll in 1 cup of cinnamon and sugar. Serve warm.
Cooking time: 25 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12