One Killed In Norman Apartment Fire


Saturday, October 1st 2011, 1:06 pm
By: News 9


News9.com

NORMAN, Oklahoma – A 24-year-old man has been killed in an apartment fire in Norman early Saturday morning, according to the Norman Fire Department.

The fire department responded to a fire at the Twin Creek Apartments, located at 1240 Creekside Drive. Officials said there were two men and a woman inside the apartment at the time of the fire.

One of the victims, Ryan Swift, was moved outside by the police. Police said they performed CPR on him; however, he died a short time later.

The other two people in the apartment were treated and released, according to the fire department.

Fire officials said the fire caused about $60,000 worth of damage in total, including $40,000 to the apartment, and $20,000 to the contents of the apartment.

They said the fire was caused by unattended food on the stove.