KC's Apple Cake
· 1 1/2 cup(s) of Sugar
· 4 tsp. of Water
· 1/2 Lemon
· 6 Apples
· 3 Eggs
· 1 cup(s) of Flour
· 8 ounce(s) of Melted Butter
· 4 ounce(s) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
· 8 ounce(s) of Nuts and Honey Philadelphia Cream Cheese
· 1 cup(s) of Whipping Cream
· 1/4 cup(s) of Powdered Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare a caramel: heat 3/4 cup sugar with 4 teaspoons water. When the sugar becomes light brown add the juice of 1/2 lemon and remove from heat
3. Coat the bottom and sides of a spring form pan with the caramel.
4. Peel, core and thinly slice the apples and arrange in an attractive circular overlapping pattern on the caramel.
5. In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with 3/4 cup sugar.
6. Add the flour, butter and Philadelphia Cream Cheese and continue beating until you have a creamy batter.
7. Pour over apples and caramel and bake for 35 minutes
8. Let cool slightly prior to turning over onto a decorative cake plate.
9. Optional: While cake is baking beat Nuts and Honey Philadelphia Cream Cheese until fluffy. Beat whipping cream until fluffy and then add 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Gently fold the whipped Philadelphia Cream Cheese into the Whipped Cream and chill well using the freezer if necessary. Top the warm cake slices with a spoonful of Philadelphia Cream Cheese/whipped Cream mixture and enjoy!